Workshop on GD & T, per ASME Y14.5 – 2009
An industry expert at Hyderabad
- Course content GD&T
- Salient features of the training
- Trainers profile
- Course fee
- Terms and conditions
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, GD&T is an international engineering language that is used on engineering drawings. It establishes a Cartesian coordinate system known as Datum Reference frame. All the dimensions and specifications are measured / referenced from this frame. GD&T uses several internationally recognized symbols with unique meaning to define products.
The latest American National standard on dimensioning and Tolerancing is ASME Y14.5 – 2009 standard. The chapters in the standard have been reorganized to present the foundational principles first and then build on the foundations. This reorganization has made the concepts much easier to read and understand.
3.0 Course content GD&T, per ASME Y14.5 - 2009
- Fresh engineers from mechanical, Automotive, Aeronautical and production streams.
- Experienced Product design engineers, Product definition Engineers, Quality control Inspectors, Assembly engineers, Team and Project leads, and design managers.
- This workshop would help fresh engineers to prepare for job interviews and get selected.This would help experienced engineers in progressing their career
- Test to understand the present skills of trainees in GD & T
- Dimension, Types of Dimensions.
- Tolerance, why tolerance is required, and how tolerance is decided.
- Types of tolerances, conventional and un conventional (GD&T)
- History, Introduction and understanding the need for GD & T.
- Advantages of GD & T over conventional limit tolerancing.
- Fundamental rules of GD&T
- Coordinate VS geometric tolerancing.
- Definitions of Terms and Symbols
- Feature definitions, size feature and surface feature.
- Rule#1 or Taylor principle or envelop principle
- Definition of material/feature and datum modifiers, RFS,MMC,LMC. MMB, LMB, RMB
- DRF and FCF
- Definition of datums’ and DOF restrained by primary, secondary and tertiary datums.
- Constrained DOF for different types of primary datums
- Selection of datums based on design intent / manufacturing / Inspection requirements
- Form tolerance and their application
- Orientation tolerances and application
- Tolerance concepts, MMC / LMC / RFS and their applications
- Calculation of bonus tolerance per MMC / LMC
- Position tolerances and application
- Run out tolerances and application
- Profile tolerances and application
- Summary of all geometric symbols
- Exercises throughout the work shop, over 25 nos
- Discussion on actual parts/prints brought by participants.
- Final tests on proficiency and application of GD & T
- Trainer: Experienced trainer with core and service industry experience.
- Training material: Around 50 pages of quality material will be given to all participants.
- Training assessment: Pre and post assessment tests will be conducted
- Wooden/Metal prototypes: Part/assy prototypes are used for effective training
- Exercises: Several exercises over 25 nos during the course of training.
- Examples: Illustrations/sketches on the white board as required. Practical examples drawn from the industry.
- Certificates: Certificates to all those who clear the post assessment successfully
- Trainer has over 23 years of Aerospace and Auto experience in leadership roles within complex operations, supervising diverse teams and managing challenging programs with in India and international locations.
- Excellent team development skills, including training, mentoring, and evaluating performance.
- Thorough knowledge of various Quality Standards for enhancing the operational efficiency such as Six Sigma, ISO9001, FMEA, DFM&A, DVA (Stack-up-analysis).
- Imparting GD & T, Stacks, Tool design, DFMA, FMEA, trainings past several years.
- Experience is in manufacturing industry in design and development department. Component and system Design expertise in Aerospace and Auto domains. Versatile with auto component prototyping and Development.
- Very good knowledge on castings and forgings, datum target selection and machining of castings and forgings.
- Presented a tech paper titled “Castability and Forgeability behaviour of Hyper-Eutectic Al-Si alloys using rare earth elements as refiners and modifiers” in 3rd Asian Foundry Men Congress Seoul in 1995
- Duration : 8 - 10 days
- Time : 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
- Start date : Pl. contact below no.
- Training fee, students : Rs.8000/- (Rs. Eight thousands only), per person
- Training fee, corporates: Rs.10000/-(Rs. Ten thousands only), per person
- Training venue : G1 Jaya complex VI Phase KPHB, Opp to Forum Mall, Besides SBI Building, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500085.
- Contact : 91-9949580006
No other expenses what so ever.
- Full course fee to be paid at the start of the course while registering.
- Fee discount for group participants 3 and above, Pl. discuss.
- Course material/work book will be provided to all participants at no extra cost, after registration.
- Will provide training certificate to all those who clear the post assessment test.