Workshop on Tolerance analysis
An industry expert at Hyderabad
Details of training:
Stack up analysis is a design tool or can be called as a process by which Design Engineers analyse and optimize components or assemblies for Manufacturing, Cost, and Functionality taking in to account probability and statistics.
Tolerance stack up analysis is often used to make sure that the cumulative effects of the tolerances are acceptable to the functional aspects in an assembly.
This tool or process allows Designers to increase manufacturing tolerances of parts and assemblies thus reducing costs. This process also identifies critical dimensions which require close tolerance control and other dimensions which can have generous tolerance.
- Engineers with very good understanding of GD&T
- Experienced Product design engineers, Product definition Engineers, Quality control Inspectors, Assembly engineers, Team & Project leads, and design managers.
- This workshop would help engineers to decide tolerances based on functional requirement.
- Understanding of stacks and why do we need it
- Introduction to Statistical tolerancing
- Different tolerancing methods
- Converting dimensions to equal bilateral tolerances
- Loop diagram
- Define the dimensional objective or critical functional relationship to analyze.
- Identify all components affecting the desired functional relationship.
- Create Sketch of objective and relevant components in dimensional loop.
- Identify relevant dimensions, tolerances, and datums in dimensional loop.
- Calculate nominal output and statistical variation using statistical methods.
- Worst case tolerance calculation, WC
- Root Sum Square, RSS Method.
- Modified Root Sum Square, MRSS
- Empirical, Bender, Gilson, Gladman, and Greenwood correction factors
- Comparison of WC, RSS and MRSS analysis
- Statistics and Capability indices
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, application in Stacks analysis
- Part stacks using bonus tol and datum shift
- Assembly stacks using profile, runout and position
- Assembly stacks using multiple geometric controls
- Float and biased floats
- Check methods, assumptions, and results for validity and accuracy.
- Exercises, throughout the workshop, over 20 nos
- Document methods, assumptions, and results in technical report.
- Calculation of pos. tol. for a two plate assy with clearance holes, Floating fasterner assy.
- Calculation of pos. tol. for a two plate assy with clearance holes in one plate and threaded/press fit in the other plate, Fixed fasterner assy.
- Calculation of min/max compression of a O’ring
- Test on proficiency and application of Stacks
- Trainer: Experienced trainer with core and service industry experience.
- Training material: Around 50 pages of quality material will be given to all participants.
- Exercises: Several exercises over 20 nos during the course of training.
- Examples: Practical examples drawn from the industry or brought by the participants are worked out during training.
- Certificates: Certificates to all those who clear the post assessment successfully
- Trainer has over 23 years of Aerospace and Auto experience in leadership roles within complex operations, supervising diverse teams and managing challenging programs with in India and international locations.
- Excellent team development skills, including training, mentoring, and evaluating performance.
- Thorough knowledge of various Quality Standards for enhancing the operational efficiency such as Six Sigma, ISO9001, FMEA, DFM&A, DVA (Stack-up-analysis).
- Imparting GD & T, Stacks, Tool design, DFMA, FMEA, trainings past several years.
- Experience is in manufacturing industry in design and development department. Component and system Design expertise in Aerospace and Auto domains. Versatile with auto component prototyping and Development.
- Very good knowledge on castings and forgings, datum target selection and machining of castings and forgings.
- Presented a tech paper titled “Castability and Forgeability behavior of Hyper-Eutectic Al-Si alloys using rare earth elements as refiners and modifiers” in 3rd Asian Foundry Men Congress Seoul in 1995
- Duration : 8 - 10 days
- Timing : 9.30 am to 1.00 pm
- Start date : Pl. contact below no.
- Training fee, for individuals : Rs.10000/- (Rs. Ten thousands only), per candidate
- Training fee, for Corporates : Rs.12000/- (Rs. Twelve thousands only), per candidate
- Training venue : G1 Jaya complex VI Phase KPHB, Opp to Forum Mall, Besides SBI Building, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500085.
- Contact : 91-9949580006
- No other expenses what so ever.
- Full course fee to be paid at the start of the course while registering.
- Group participants 3 and above are eligible for discount. Pl. discuss.
- Course material/work book will be provided to all participants at no extra cost, after registration.
- Will provide training certificate to all those who clear the post assessment test.